The death certificate issued by the Registrar of civil status establishes officially the death of a person...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Receive the death certificate.
- To proceed with the settlement of the estate, you will in particular need the death certificate issued by the Registrar of civil status.
- Only the Registrar of civil status of Quebec may issue an official death certificate.
- During the process of an estate settlement, the death certificate is usually required by various private and government institutions.
- For more information and more complex situations, we invite you to contact .
Other services offeredWill search
|Fees for obtaining the death certificate - Non-taxable||$32|
|Fees associated with sending the original death certificate by mail||$10|
|To obtain a copy of the death certificate by email while waiting for the original one by mail||$5|
|Additional copy for the death certificate (optional) - Non-taxable|
- If you wish to obtain more than one (1) copy of the death certificate, please indicate below the number of additional copies do you need. An extra fee of $31.50 per copy will apply.
|To make simultaneous requests of Will searches at the Chambre des Notaires and Barreau du Québec|
- The original search results will be sent on the same time as the death certificate.
|Fees for a Will search at the Chambre des Notaires du Québec||$20|
|Fees for a Will search at the Barreau du Québec||$20|
|To obtain a copy of the Will searches by email while waiting to obtain the originals by mail||$5|
|Additional copy for the will search result certificates (optional)|
- If you wish to obtain more than one (1) copy of the two will search certificates, please indicate below the number of additional copies do you need. An extra fee of $20 per copy of the two certificates will apply.
You can request a « death certificate » online. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If it is not done yet, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for your request;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fee with your credit card;
- We will send you the original death certificate upon its issuance by the Registrar of civil status;
- For more complex situations requiring further analysis, please contact .
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.