Sale of a business
Your agreement for sale of business allows you to set out the different terms and conditions to the sale transaction...more
- The agreement for sale of business is an agreement reached between the seller of a business, which is sometimes commonly called the "goodwill", and the purchaser.
- The agreement for the sale of business enables you to set forth the various terms and arrangements made between the parties.
- If the sale of the business includes a real estate property, this type of property must then be subject to a separate sale agreement, since the sale of a real estate property requires the signing of a notarized deed.
- The agreement for sale of business, available on this website, is a document that contains the main provisions whereof an overview can be found in the "Summary" tab above.
- This is a document that will meet your needs for a relatively simple sale of business. For a sale of business of which conditions are more complex, especially for a transaction with a balance of sale price or for a transaction including the sale of an immovable/real estate property, we invite you to contact .
Other services offeredBusiness purchase offer RDPRM - Preliminary movable property search RDPRM - Search with the vehicle identification number (motor vehicle - trailer)
|Sale of a business||$150|
|For the intervention of a third-party as buyer's guarantor||$7|
|To add a non-competition clause||$10|
|To add a non-solicitation of customers clause||$10|
|To add a non-solicitation of personnel clause||$10|
|To add all contractual terms relating to a balance of sale price to be eventually paid by the buyer directly to the seller himself.||$7|
|To obtain the extract of resolution of the seller which is a corporation with the consent of shareholders, where applicable.||$7|
|To obtain the extract of resolution of the buyer which is a corporation||$5|
|Have your questionnaires reviewed by a member of our legal team|
- This option requires the intervention of a member of our team, so its cost is never credited.
You may choose to prepare your "Agreement for sale of business" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- It is recommended that all parties involved in the transaction complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your agreement for the sale of business;
- It is also advisable for the purchaser to ensure that the assets sold are free of any charge, encumbrance and mortgage by using our "RDPRM preliminary movable property search" service
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print your agreement and proceed with its signing;
Summary of clauses available for the preparation of your agreement for sale of business.
- Identification of the parties
- Breakdown of the sale price
- Statements relating to taxes
- Declarations of the buyer
- Declarations of the seller
- Human resources
- Financial management
- Obligations of the buyer
- Obligations of the seller
- Non-competition (optional)
- Non-solicitation of customers (optional)
- Non-solicitation of personnel (optional)
- Additional clause (The parties may add customized clauses)
- Closing formalities
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.