The family patrimony is constituted by the following property, of which one or the other of the spouses is the owner:
- The residences of the family or the rights which confer the use of it;
- The furniture which furnish or decorate these residences and which serve for the household;
- The motor vehicles used for the travels of the family;
- The accumulated rights, during the marriage, under a retirement plan;
- The registered earnings, during the marriage, in the name of each spouse in application of the Quebec Pension Plan Act or of equivalent programs (except in the event of death).
Are excluded from the family patrimony:
- The property received by one of the spouses, by succession or gift, before or during the marriage, or the reinvestment of this property.