The shareholder buy-sell agreement allows you to organize the administration of your business corporation and plan the disposition of shares upon the death or withdrawal of a shareholder from the corporation...more
- The shareholder buy-sell agreement is an agreement among shareholders of a same business corporation.
- The shareholder buy-sell agreement usually governs:
- The administration of the corporation;
- The disposition of shares of a shareholder to third parties;
- The situation of a shareholder's death.
- Our shareholder buy-sell agreement is a document that provides the main provisions of which an overview is available in the "Summary" tab above.
- For an agreement concerning the withdrawal in whole or in part of powers from the directors of a business corporation, you will have to sign a unanimous shareholder agreement.
- This document will meet your needs for a relatively simple shareholder buy-sell agreement. For an agreement whereof conditions are more complex, please contact .
Other services offeredUnanimous shareholder agreement Commercial lease Annual meetings of the corporation - Resolutions
|To add a clause concerning life insurance||$10|
|To add a non-compete clause||$10|
|To add a non-solicitation of customers clause||$10|
|To add a non-solicitation of personnel/staff clause||$10|
|To add a piggyback clause following third-party offer made in good faith||$15|
|To add a clause regarding the compulsory buy-sell in case of dispute - "Shotgun"||$20|
|To add a clause dealing with the holding of shares through a holding corporation or management corporation||$15|
|To add a clause concerning disability insurance and obligations of the corporation||$10|
|Have your questionnaires reviewed by a member of our legal team|
- This option requires the intervention of a member of our team, so its cost is never credited.
Steps to follow to prepare your "Shareholder Buy-Sell Agreement" online:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire;
- Once the questionnaire is completed, pay the fees with your credit card;
- Print the agreement and proceed with its signing;
Summary of the clauses available for the preparation of your shareholder buy-sell agreement.
- Identification of the shareholders
- Interpretation, general provisions and precedence
- Withdrawal of a shareholder
- voluntary withdrawal of a shareholder
- voluntary withdrawal of a shareholder upon receipt of bona fide third party offer
- Drag-along rights following a bona fide third party offer (Piggyback) (Optional)
- Compulsory inter vivos buy-sell in case of dispute (shotgun) (Optional)
- Offer with a suspensive term
- forced withdrawal of a shareholder from the corporation's business
- death of a shareholder
- Disability of a shareholder and disability insurance
- Disability of a shareholder
- Disability insurance (Optional)
- Life insurance (Optional)
- rules for insurance policies taken out by the shareholders
- rules for insurance policies taken out by the corporation
- Purchase by the corporation
- Value of shares
- value of the shares except for case of forced withdrawal from the corporation's business
- value of the shares in case of forced withdrawal from the corporation's business, with few exceptions
- Payment for shares
- Payment for shares in case of sale of shares for reasons other than death
- Payment for shares in case of death
- interest on any balance due
- forfeiture of the term
- other forfeiture of term in the case of death
- Preferred shares and notes and/or claims
- Redemption of Preferred shares and repayment of notes and/or claims by the corporation in first place
- Redemption of Preferred shares and repayment of notes and/or claims by the joint shareholders, upon failure by the corporation to do so
- Protection of shareholder rights
- deposit of shares in a securities depositary
- protection of the selling shareholder
- release of endorsements
- Corporate finances
- financial contribution and guarantees and/or endorsements
- distribution of tasks
- reimbursement of expenses
- Voting terms and administration
- Election of directors
- liability insurance
- exercise of voting rights by shareholders
- subscription to the agreement
- new issue of shares by the corporation and pre-emptive right granted to the shareholders
- Special provisions
- intellectual property of the corporation
- business opportunities
- non-solicitation of customers (Optional)
- non-Solicitation of staff members and employees (Optional)
- restrictions on transfer and conveyance of shares as collateral security
- exercise by a shareholder of its rights in bad faith
- "Force Majeure"
- Additional provision (Required)
- General provisions
- Time of the essence and computation of time
- holding of shares through a holding or personal holding corporation(Optional)
- arbitration or legal challenge and election
- non-assignability of the Agreement
- entry into force of the Agreement
- amendment or modification
- termination of the Agreement
- intervention of the corporation
- interpretation clause
- no waiver
- cumulative Rights
- electronic transmission
- governing Law
- statement regarding the agreement
- statement of the shareholders
- Closing formalities
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.