Notice of layoff
Notice of an employer who, for various reasons, wishes to proceed with the temporary layoff of an employee for a period of less or more than 6 months...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your notice.
- The notice of layoff offered in this service should be used in the case where the employer, for various reasons, wish to terminate the employment of an employee temporarily for a period of less than six months, or permanently for a period of more than six months.
- At the choice of the employer and from our questionnaire, the layoff may be for a period of less or more than 6 months, as needed. It should be noted that the rules are not the same for a layoff of less than six months and a layoff for more than six months.
- For a layoff of less than six months, the employment relationship between the employer and the employee is not terminated and the employer will not have the obligation to give the employee a notice of termination or pay the latter a compensation.
- For a layoff of more than six months, the employment relationship between the employer and the employee is terminated permanently and the employer will then have the obligation to give the employee a notice of termination; the notice period or the compensatory allowance to be paid if the notice period is insufficient, where applicable, must be determined based on the number of years of uninterrupted service completed by the employee with the employer, provided the employee is not subject to the exception provided by law concerning the delivery of such notice.
- Our notice of layoff of less than six months is appropriate for most situations where the employer wishes to lay off an employee for a temporary period of less than six months with the intention to rehire the employee at the end of said period.
- Our notice of layoff of more than six months is appropriate for most situations where the employer wishes to lay off an employee and terminate permanently his or her employment relationship with the company.
Other services offeredNotice of individual dismissal/layoff Notice of dismissal
You may prepare a "Notice of layoff" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your notice;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the notice, sign it and give it to the employee when announcing his or her layoff.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.