Notice of demotion
The notice of demotion is often used by an employer as an alternative to the dismissal when the latter wants to keep an employee who has difficulties in his or her current job position, the performance of his or her duties or tasks...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your notice.
- General information related to demotion.
- The notice of demotion is regarded as a corrective action to address the inappropriate behaviour or ineffective performance of an employee, and may also be used as a disciplinary action. Indeed, an employer expects an employee to deliver a work performance that is appropriate for the position held by the latter, as well as perform his or her duties adequately and safely at all times.
- The notice of demotion is generally used by the employer to keep an employee, despite the fact that the latter, for various reasons, can no longer deliver a satisfactory work output for the position held, nor perform his or her tasks and duties adequately.
- It is important to know that the demotion does not terminate the employee's employment, as it is only a corrective action taken by the employer to address the bad behaviour or poor performance of an employee. It therefore does not need to be preceded by a formal written warning from the employer nor will it ever be subject to the payment of a compensatory indemnity.
- From the choices available in our questionnaire, the notice of demotion will allow you to explain in details to the employee the reasons that led to his or her demotion; our notice of demotion will include the title of the new position that the employee will hold in the company and the effective date of the demotion.
- Our notice of demotion will be suitable for most situations where an employer wishes to offer an employee a chance to keep a job in the company, despite some behavioural difficulties, or a poor performance or unsatisfactory output with respect to the position held, before having to make the decision to dismiss him or her.
Other services offeredLetter of dismissal for poor/unsatisfactory performance Notice of suspension of an employee due to unsatisfactory performance - without pay Employer letter concerning a reprimand given to an employee
You may prepare a "Notice of demotion" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your notice;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the notice, sign it and give it to the employee when announcing his or her demotion.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.