Notice of suspension of an employee due to unsatisfactory performance - without pay
Notice of suspension for employer wishing to impose, as disciplinary action, a temporary suspension without pay on an employee whose work performance is poor or unsatisfactory...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your notice.
- General information related to suspension
- This notice of suspension without pay must be used by the employer only if the latter wishes to suspend temporarily an employee whose work performance is unsatisfactory.
- This notice includes a statement to the effect that the employee will not be paid during the period of suspension, this period to be possibly extended from one to several consecutive days.
- In general, the suspension imposed on an employee is used to make him or her aware of the seriousness of the situation regarding his or her poor performance at work, to encourage him or her to address the situation quickly as well as inform him or her about the potential consequences of a return to work without a significant improvement in its performance during a given period.
- Imposing a suspension on an employee must be for serious reasons and a copy of such a notice of suspension and acknowledgement of its receipt by the employee must be kept by the employer in the employee's file in order to be used as evidence against any possible legal action, complaint or claim by the employee before the CNESST, as well as to be able to better assess the employee's improvement in his or her work performance.
- The notice of suspension without pay, available in our website, is suitable for most situations where an employee's work performance is deemed poor or unsatisfactory and the latter has already received a warning form his or her employer.
Other services offeredLetter of dismissal for poor/unsatisfactory performance Notice of suspension following or not following a warning to the employee - without pay
You may prepare a "Notice of suspension of an employee due to unsatisfactory performance - without pay" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your notice;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the notice, sign it and give it to the employee when announcing his or her suspension.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.