Release and discharge by an employee
A release and discharge is generally required by the employer upon termination of employment of the employee, regardless of whether or not it is a voluntary departure...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your release and discharge.
Have it signed.
- Upon termination of employment, it is strongly suggested that the employer obtain a full release and discharge duly signed by the employee before the latter leaves the company.
- Such document is essential as it will protect the employer from any possible action or claim by the employee, which means that the employer must also countersign the document.
- Note that the release and discharge constitutes a transaction within the meaning of the Civil Code of Quebec and it is thus made without prejudice and without admission of liability or fault on the part of the employer.
- By signing a release and discharge, the employee in particular confirms to the employer that he or she has received all amounts which may be owed in connection with his or her employment and termination thereof and undertakes to remain bound by his or her obligations of loyalty and confidentiality towards the employer.
- Our release and discharge is appropriate for all situations where an employer has terminated the employment of an employee and may also be used by employers facing the voluntary departure of an employee (voluntary quit).
- You will find a host of information on various legal matters on
Other services offeredNotice of individual dismissal/layoff Notice of non-renewal of a fixed-term employment contract Letter of resignation of the employee Letter of recommendation Letter of immediate dismissal without notice, but with compensation
You may choose to prepare the "Release and discharge by an employee" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of the release and discharge;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the release and discharge and have it signed by the concerned employee.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.