Notice of individual dismissal/layoff
Letter useful for an employer wishing to terminate permanently the employment relationship with an employee for economic, organizational and/or technical reasons...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your notice.
- The notice of individual termination/layoff available in this service is to be used by an employer to terminate permanently the employment relationship with an employee for economic, organizational and/or technical reasons only.
- In this notice of permanent layoff, the employer may choose, in the questionnaire, the reasons for which the employee is laid off.
- Depending on the choice to be made by the employer, the notice of individual layoff may take effect immediately with a compensatory indemnity to be paid to the employee, or the employer may give the employee the written notice period for termination of employment as provided by law.
- The notice period must be determined based on the number of years of uninterrupted service completed by the employee with the employer.
- The notice of layoff and the acknowledgement of receipt by the laid off employee shall be kept by the employer in the employee's file.
- Our layoff notices are appropriate for most situations where the employer wishes to terminate, by reason of a permanent layoff, the employment of one employee for economic reasons, organizational and/or technical while complying with the conditions set out by law.
Other services offeredWork certificate Notice of dismissal Letter of immediate dismissal without notice, but with compensation
You may prepare a "notice of individual layoff" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your notice;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the notice, sign it and give it to the employee when announcing his or her layoff.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.