Power of attorney for personal care
This power of attorney for personal care allows you to name a person who will take care of you and make personal care decisions for you if you become incapacitated...more
- The power of attorney for personal care, available on this website, will come into effect only in the event of your incapacity.
- This customized general power of attorney meets the needs of a majority of people wishing to choose a person who can take care of them if they become incapacitated.
- Your customized power of attorney for personal care will include the main clauses listed in the "Summary" tab.
- The signing of a general power of attorney for personal care will give your attorney very wide powers to make personal care decisions about your health care and medical treatment, diet, housing, clothing, hygiene, and safety. It is therefore very important to appoint a person whom you know very well and fully trust.
- For a power of attorney for personal care whereof terms are more complex, please contact your legal advisor.
|Power of attorney for personal care||$15|
|Consent to medical care||$5|
|Appointing your Attorney as your litigation guardian in Court||$5|
You may choose to draft your "Power of Attorney for Personal Care" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your power of attorney for personal care;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print your power of attorney and sign it before two witnesses.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact your legal advisor.
Summary of the clauses available for the preparation of your power of attorney for personal care.
- Identification of the grantor/donor of the power of attorney
- Appointment of attorney for personal care
- Authority to the attorney for personal care
- Consent to medical care (Optional)
- Inspection and disclosure of information regarding my physical or mental health
- Litigation guardian (Optional)
- Resignation of the attorney for personal care
- General provisions
- Effective date and determination of incapacity
- Governing Law
- Interpretation clause
- Closing formalities
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.