Continuing power of attorney for property
This general continuing power of attorney allows you to name a person who will act on your behalf and manage your property if you become incapacitated...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your continuing power of attorney for property.
- The continuing power of attorney for property, available on this website, is a springing power of attorney which will come into effect only in the event of your incapacity.
- This customized general power of attorney meets the needs of a majority of people wishing to choose a person who can act on their behalf if they become incapacitated.
- Your customized continuing power of attorney will include the main clauses listed in the "Summary" tab.
- The signing of a general continuing power of attorney for property will give your attorney very wide powers to deal with all of your property as you would do it yourself. It is therefore very important to appoint a person of great trust who will be fully capable of managing your property and financial assets.
- For a continuing power of attorney for property whereof terms are more complex, we invite you to contact your legal advisor.
You may choose to draft your "Continuing Power of Attorney for Property" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your power of attorney for property;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print your power of attorney and sign it before two witnesses;
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact your legal advisor.
Summary of the clauses available for the preparation of your continuing power of attorney for property.
- Identification of the grantor/donor of the power of attorney
- Appointment and directions
- Power to manage property
- Authority to the attorney for property
- Use of my property for the benefit of my spouse and/or children
- Conditions and restrictions
- Resignation of the attorney for property
- Miscellaneous provisions
- Effective date
- Governing Law
- Interpretation clause
- Closing formalities
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.