Last Will and Testament
Your Will allows you to choose to whom you will pass on your property upon your death...more
- The Will contains the wishes of one person.
- Your personalized Will contains the main clauses identified in the "Summary" tab.
- You must sign the Will with and in the presence of two witnesses of full age and, depending on the nature of the estate assets, it will be necessary to probate the Will by the Court following your death.
- An optional clause for the appointment of guardians for your minor children is also available.
- The customized Last Will and Testament, available on this website, is designed to meet the needs of the majority of people for relatively simple situations.
- For a Will whereof terms are more complex, please contact your legal advisor.
|Last Will and Testament||$35|
|Designation of a beneficiary of life insurance policies issued on your life||$5|
|Designating a spouse or dependent child as beneficiary of your registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs) and income fund (RRIF)||$5|
|Adding specific gifts or bequests||$5|
|Appointment of a guardian in the case you have minor children||$5|
You may choose to draft your "Last Will and Testament" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your Will;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print your Will and sign it before two witnesses;
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact your legal advisor.
Summary of clauses available for the preparation of your Will.
- Revocation of previous Wills
- Marital status
- Appointment of executor
- Declaration of beneficiaries of life insurance policies (optional)
- Designation of Beneficiary of savings plans (optional)
- Payment of taxes and other debts
- Specific bequests (optional)
- Residue of the estate
- Payments for minor beneficiaries or beneficiaries under legal disabilities
- Conversion of assets and powers of the executor
- Exemption from seizure
- Exclusions from net family property and community of property
- Oath and security
- Appointment of a guardian (optional)
- Funeral arrangements
- Governing Law
- Interpretation clause
- Closing formalities
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.