Letter of resignation of the employee
Letter useful for an employee wishing to quit his or her job and give written notice of his or her resignation to the company's manager...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your letter.
- The letter of resignation is be used by an employee who is leaving employment and wishes to nofity the effective date of his or her resignation to his or her employer's manager.
- Unless otherwise stated in a written work agreement between the employer and the employee, the employee is not required to give a minimum notice period, but the latter must give notice of his or her resignation in a reasonable time before leaving the company.
- In this letter, the employee will confirm that he or she has made his or her decision to resign freely and willingly and will request that his letter of resignation be filed in his or her employee record and a copy of said letter signed by the company's manager be returned to him or her.
- In the case of a voluntary resignation of an employee, the employer is relieved of its obligation to give written notice of termination.
- However, at the end of employment, the employer must pay the employee his or her regular wage until his or her departure and, where applicable, any overtime and vacation pay to which he or she is entitled.
- Our letter of resignation is suitable for most situations, regardless of whether or not the employee has signed a work agreement with the employer.
Other services offeredWork certificate Notice of dismissal
You may prepare a "letter of resignation" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your letter;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the letter, sign it and give it to your employer when announcing your resignation.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.