The work certificate allows to establish the period of employment of a former employee and provide a picture of the tasks and duties entrusted to the employee during said period...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your work certificate.
- The work certificate is prepared by the employer to be delivered to a former employee who has requested it following termination of his or her employment agreement, dismissal, permanent or temporary layoff exceeding 6 months.
- The work certificate is only used to identify the period of time during which the former employee held a position within the company and the various tasks and duties assigned to the former employee during said period.
- At no time shall the employer state, in the work certificate, the quality of work or conduct of the former employee. However, the certificate must contain the name and address of the employer.
- Do not confuse the work certificate issued by the employer with the letter of recommendation made by the latter, because the two documents do not have the same purpose. Indeed, the work certificate is only used to establish the period and nature of employment of the former employee within the company, while the letter of recommendation is rather intended to highlight the qualities, skills and experience of the former employee to a prospective employer. For its part, a record of employment delivered to a former employee certifies the number of insurable hours worked by the employee for employment insurance purposes.
- Our work certificate is appropriate for all situations where a dismissed, permanently or temporarily (more than 6 months) laid off employee or an employee whose work agreement is terminated request his or her former employer to provide him or her with such a document.
Other services offeredLetter of recommendation
You may prepare a "work certificate" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of the certifcate;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the work certificate, sign it and give it to the employee concerned.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.