Letter of dismissal for serious fault
Letter of an employer wishing to terminate immediately the employment agreement of an employee who committed a serious fault in the course of his or her employment...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your letter.
- This letter should be used only in the case where the employee has committed a serious fault in the course of his or her employment, such fault being the cause for his or her dismissal which takes effect immediately.
- In the case where an employee has committed a serious fault, not only the employer may dismiss him or her immediately, but the latter is also not obliged to give the employee a prior notice of termination, or pay him or her a compensatory indemnity.
- Note that according to the CNESST, serious fault may result from a single act or omission, but also from a series of wrongful acts of lesser importance that are repeated despite serious warnings and the accumulation of which require the immediate termination of the employment agreement. In such case, the employer may terminate the employment agreement of the employee without prior written notice of termination and without paying him or her a compensation.
- Important general information related to the dismissal of an employee.
- Our letter of termination as a result of a serious fault of an employee, without prior written notice of termination and without payment of a compensatory indemnity, is suitable for most situations where the employee has committed a serious fault within the meaning set out by the CNESST. This letter includes an acknowledgement of receipt by the employee who is dismissed for serious fault, which shall be kept by the employer should the dismissed employee file an action or appeal before the Commission.
Other services offeredLetter of immediate dismissal without notice, but with compensation
You may prepare a "Letter of dismissal for serious fault" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of your letter;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print the letter, sign it and give it to the employee when announcing his or her immediate dismissal.
For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact a legal adviser specializing in labour law.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.