RDPRM - Search by owner's name
The search by the owner's name allows you to know if financial charges are registered against him or her in the RDPRM, which may be affecting a specific property, such as a pleasure craft...more
DescriptionOptions and fees
- Planning to buy a "used" boat from a non-professional seller?
- If this is the case, it is highly recommended to perform search in the RDPRM using the name of the boat's owner in order to make sure that no lien is affecting the vessel.
- Without this verification, you may be taking the risk of facing a creditor of the seller that still has a lien on the boat and that can seize the boat without being obliged to compensate you.
- Why take the risk to lose your boat, your payments and all the expenses already incurred?
- SCRIPTA LEGAL can check for you if the boat you wish to buy is free of such lien in the RDPRM.
- Note that, for a boat subject to a registration certificate from the Canadian Register of Vessels, it would also be necessary to perform a search in this register to ensure that the boat is not affected by a marine mortgage.
- For more information and more complex situations, we invite you to contact .
Other services offeredPurchase offer for a boat Private boat sale (between individuals) Search in the Canadian Register of Vessels by the boat's serial number
|RDPRM - Search by owner's name||$25|
|Fee for consulting the Register using the owner's name - Non-taxable|
- Expect an additional fee of $9 for each owner of the subject property
|To check more than one owner's name|
- Expect an additional fee of $25 for the verification of each additional owner's name
You may request a "Search in the RDPRM by owner's name" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information necessary for your search request;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- We will email you the result of the search in the RDPRM as soon as available;
- For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact .
View other videos
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.