Search in the Canadian Register of Vessels by the boat's serial number
Your search in the Canadian Register of Vessels to know whether or not a duly registered boat is free of any lien or encumbrance...more
- If you intend to buy a "used" boat that is subject to a registration certificate by the Canadian Register of Vessels, it is highly recommended to perform a verification search to ensure that no charge or lien is affecting this vessel.
- In fact, any boat registered in such register may have been subject to a marine mortgage which would not be registered in the RDPRM.
- A search in the Canadian Register of Vessels will let you know the number of encumbrances or liens affecting the boat and get a certified or uncertified transcript for more details about the boat itself, its current owner and, where applicable, the encumbrances or liens that may affect it.
- Do not take the risk of encountering unpleasant surprises and difficulties when transferring the registration of the boat, do your search now and take the necessary actions to protect your purchase.
- SCRIPTA LEGAL can check for you if the vessel subject to a registration is free of any lien or encumbrance with the Canadian Register of Vessels.
- Note that for all types of vessels, it is also recommended to make a verification search in the RDPRM using the name of the selling owner, which SCRIPTA LEGAL can also do for you.
- For more complex situations requiring further examination, please contact .
Other services offeredPurchase offer for a boat Private boat sale (between individuals) RDPRM - Search by owner's name
|Search in the Canadian Register of Vessels by the boat's serial number||$25|
|To obtain an uncertified transcript - Non-taxable||$20|
|To obtain a certified transcript - Non-taxable||$50|
|To obtain a printed form of the transcript||$10|
You may request a "Search in the Canadian Register of Vessels by boat's serial number" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information necessary for your search request;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- We will email you the result of the search conducted with the Canadian Register of Vessels;
- For various legal information, please visit our website
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.