Letter to the Public Curator - Disclosing an inheritance of more than $25,000 to a minor
Letter useful in the case where a minor child would receive an inheritance worth more than $25,000...more
Answer the questionnaire.
Print your remittance letter.
- If, following the final distribution of a succession/estate, a legacy with a value greater than $25,000 was made to a minor child, the liquidator shall notify the Public Curator to comply with section 217 of the Civil Code of Quebec.
- It is important to know that when the value of the property left to a minor child is greater than $25,000, a tutorship council must be put in place and the tutor must render accounts to the council as well as to the Public Curator in order to protect the minor's property.
- The letter of disclosure to the Public Curator for an inheritance greater thant $25,000 received by a minor, available on this website, will be suitable for most situations.
You can choose to draft your "Letter to the Public Curator disclosing an inheritance of more than $25,000 to a minor" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of the letter;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Print your letter, sign it and send it to the Quebec Public Curator;
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.