Change of name of a trademark owner
Your request for the change of name of the trademark owner...more
- Once the trademark is registered, its owner which is a business corporation could change its name or be subject to a corporate merger/amalgamation and it shall therefore notify the CIPO of such name change.
- One of our trade-mark agents can file, on behalf of the owner, a request for a trademarks owner's change of name, which request could be filed for one or several trademarks if, at the time of the request filing, such trademarks are all owned by the same owner.
|Change of name of a trademark owner||$75|
|Confirmation of the change of name of the owner of other trademarks following issuance of one and same certificate of amendment or certificate of amalgamation|
- An additional $15 fee will apply for each additional trademark being subject to the request for owner's change of name.
You can file a "request for a trademarks owner's change of name" online. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the owner's name change request;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- We will file, with the CIPO, your request for a trademarks owner's change of name;
- When the confirmation of change of name of the trademarks owner will be issued, SCRIPTA LEGAL will send you a copy by email.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.