Business Law > Business Corporations > Assumed name and corporate name > Name search for a CANADIAN corporation
Name search for a CANADIAN corporation
We will carry out for you the required name search PRIOR to the incorporation of your Canadian corporation with a corporate name...more
DescriptionOptions and fees
- The choice of a corporate name for a Canadian business corporation must be subject to a prior name search and comply with the applicable rules and laws.
- You must ensure that the chosen name is not already in use, or that it does not cause any possible confusion with the name of another existing corporation or a trademark.
- An assumed name, also known as business name, can also be used to identify the corporation.
- The name search is the first step to perform PRIOR to the incorporation of a business corporation with a corporate name. The next step will be available in your account, once the name search service is duly completed and the pre-approval of the chosen name is confirmed.
Other services offeredIncorporation and legal organization of a CANADIAN business corporation (CBCA) Incorporation and legal organization of a QUEBEC business corporation (QBCA) Search of identical name for a QUEBEC business corporation
|Name search for a CANADIAN corporation||$145|
|Fees to obtain the NUANS report||$22|
You can request a "Name search for a Canadian corporation" online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please sign up;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required to process your request;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- We will send you, by email, a notice following the performed name search;
- You can thereafter continue your steps for the incorporation of your business corporation using the following service, which will be available in your Scripta account;
View other videos
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.