Extension of time for the use of a trademark
Your request to extend the time to file a Declaration of Use of your trademark...more
- Following the filing of an application for registration of a trademark, the processing time by the CIPO is about one year.
- If at the time of its approval, your trademark is not used in Canada yet in connection with the specified goods or services, a declaration must be filed at the CIPO.
- Our legal experts who are also trade-mark agents, can file, on your behalf, an application for extension of time to file a Declaration of Use of a trademark.
Other services offeredObtaining the certificate of registration of a trademark Renewal of a trademark Transfer of trademark ownership
|Extension of time for the use of a trademark||$70|
|Prescribed fee for the application for extension of time to file a Declaration of Use of a trademark. - Non-taxable||$125|
You can make a "request for extension of time to file a Declaration of Use of a trademark" online. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the relevant information regarding your extension request;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- We will file, with the CIPO, an application for extension of time to file the Declaration of Use of your trademark;
- Once your application is filed, the notary, trade-mark agent, will notify you by email.
Our current mandate is limited to filing your application to extend the time to file a Declaration of Use of a trademark.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.