Application for a trademark registration
Your new application to proceed with the registration of a trademark...more
- Filing an application for the registration of a trademark can be a complex process and it is in fact the first step that will possibly lead you to an application for a trademark licensing.
- Most of our legal advisors are experienced trade-mark agents.
- An experienced trade-mark agent can save you time and money.
- Our trade-mark agents can process your application, provide you with good advice and assist you throughout the process.
- It should be noted that, if an examiners' report from the CIPO was to be sent to us between the application for registration of the trademark and its approval, to the effect that the trademark can be confused with another existing trademark or that, under another section of the Trade-marks Act, it cannot be registered and that we should respond by submitting arguments, additional fees will therefore be required.
- Once your trademark registration request is duly accepted, you will be able, at the appropriate time, to continue with our service entitled "Obtaining the registration certificate of a trademark".
- To obtain additional legal information on trademarks, please contact .
Other services offeredExtension of time for the use of a trademark Obtaining the certificate of registration of a trademark Renewal of a trademark Transfer of trademark ownership
|Application for a trademark registration||$250|
|Required fee for the filing of the application for registration of the trademark - Non-taxable||$250|
You can proceed with the "filing of a trademark application" online. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If you have not already done so, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for this service;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fees with your credit card;
- Thereafter, a notary, who is also a trade-mark agent, will contact you to confirm and complete the submitted information;
- Our agent will advise you on whether it is appropriate to perform, through a specialized firm, a full trademark search prior to filing the application for the registration of your trademark at the CIPO;
- The cost of a detailed search is between $450 and $700 per trademark depending on the required process time;
- If you want a trademark that includes a word or words and a design or logo, then you must request two different filing applications;
- Following the filing of an application for the registration of a trademark, the processing time by the CIPO is about one year;
- Once your application is accepted, the notary, trade-mark agent, will inform you that your trademark can be registered;
- On payment of the required fee and our fees, the registration certificate will be emailed to you upon its issuance by the CIPO.
Our present mandate is limited to filing, after examination, an application for a trademark registration, which does not include:
- Any intervention as a trade-mark agent following a request from the CIPO examiner.
- Any action of defense in case of opposition following the announcement of the trademark in the Trade-marks Journal. (If you want the intervention of our trade-mark agent after receiving your consent, you will be charged at an hourly rate, which rate will be sent to you upon your consent).
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.