Inventory of the estate
The liquidator must draw up an inventory of the estate within six months following the death...more
- The inventory is a crucial step in the process of liquidation of the estate.
- The liquidator has a period of up to six months from the date of death to draw up an inventory of the estate.
- The testator cannot exempt the liquidator from proceeding with the preparation of the inventory.
- If the deceased was married or civilly united, the preparation of the inventory may require up to three (3) steps:
- To proceed with the establishment of the value of the family patrimony for each of the married or civilly united spouses *;
- To proceed with the establishment of the value of acquests of each of the spouses who are married or civilly united under the regime of partnership of acquests;
- To determine the assets and liabilities of the deceased regardless of his marital status.
- The content of the inventory should reflect, as accurately as possible, the actual state of the deceased's patrimony.
- The inventory provides information about the assets and liabilities of the deceased as well as a summary allowing you to determine if the estate is solvent or not.
- If the liquidator obtains the unanimous consent of all heirs and successors, he may be exempt from making the inventory.
- Before starting the preparation of the succession inventory, please make sure first to have a maximum information about the personal property and debts of the deceased. More the documentation are detailed and useful information are available, easier will it be for you to prepare the inventory, without having to constantly go back.
* Note: If required and prior to the preparation of the inventory, you may use one or both of the services calculating the value of the family patrimony in the event of death or calculating the value of the partnership of acquests in the event of death, depending on the marital status of the deceased.
Other services offeredDeath certificate Will search Calculation of the partitionable value of the family patrimony in the event of death Calculation of the partitionable value of the partnership of acquests in the event of death
|Inventory of the estate||$100|
|Have your questionnaires reviewed by a member of our legal team|
- This option requires the intervention of a member of our team, so its cost is never credited.
You can choose to draft the "Inventory of the Estate" online. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If it is not done yet, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of the inventory;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fee with your credit card;
- Print the inventory and proceed with its signature by the liquidator or the heirs, as applicable;
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.