Appointment of the liquidator
The Civil Code of Quebec allows the heirs of the deceased to appoint a liquidator who will administer the estate assets...more
- It is possible to appoint a liquidator in the case of a succession (estate) with or without a Will if the testator has failed to appoint a liquidator.
- The Civil Code of Quebec gives heirs the right to appoint a liquidator who will administer the estate assets.
- The heirs may, by majority vote, appoint the liquidator.
- However, these rules may vary depending on the drafting of the Will and the powers conferred to the liquidator.
- In the absence of liquidator, the heirs will have to act collectively to settle the estate.
- The Civil Code of Quebec does not require any formality for the appointment, but some financial institutions may, according to their own internal policies, require that the appointment be signed before a commissioner for oaths, notary or lawyer. It is best to check with the involved institution if it has specific requirements to this regard and as for the officer who shall certify the said appointement.
Other services offeredDeath certificate Will search Declaration of legal heirs
|Appointment of the liquidator||$75|
|In order to have the solemn affirmation at the end of the document signed by one of the heirs before a notary from Notaire-Direct Inc. office, located in Montreal.|
- This option requires the intervention of a member of our team, so its cost is never credited.
You can choose to draft the "Appointment of liquidator" online. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, make sure that you have in your possession the final Will search from the Chambre des notaires du Québec and the Barreau du Québec, the death certificate issued by the Registrar of civil status and a copy of the Will (if any);
- Start the service by clicking on the blue button labelled "Click here to start";
- If it is not done yet, please register;
- Complete the questionnaire by entering the information required for the preparation of the appointment of liquidator;
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you pay the required fee with your credit card;
- Print the appointment of liquidator and proceed with its signature in accordance with the formalities required by the institution to which it will be presented;
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is committed to the protection of the personal information provided on its website.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. is subject to the Code of ethics of notaries.
- LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC.:
- Will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the said information was collected;
- Will not sell, rent, share, lend or exchange confidential and personal information or any other document from the website, including the downloaded ones, with anyone.
- During an online payment transaction, LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. does not store any credit card information.
- All administrators, employees and business partners of LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. as well as the persons responsible for the operations and functioning of the website have signed confidentiality agreements.
- In addition,LA SOCIETE SCRIPTA LEGAL INC. uses, as security measures, software or hardware-based network security systems (firewalls), mechanisms to automatically end sessions, and data encryption certificates (128 bit SSL encryption).
* These fees may be changed within a 60-day notice and in accordance with section 71 of the Code of ethics of notaries.
GST and QST not included.